Official server - will there be cash shop?

edited July 4 in General Discussion
I haven't found any information on this. Since there isn't going to be a subscription from what I've read, how will the team make revenue after the initial pledges? B2P games usually have cash shops. Cash shops are ok if it's just vanity stuff that's being offered, example GW2. I just hope it won't be P2W items.

My concern was one of the pledges on the site that has an exclusive potion recipe in the package. Does anyone have info if that potion enhance combat or is it cosmetic only? It's the only thing that's holding me back from pledging. Other than that I'm very much looking forward to launch.

Comments

• SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    Where have you seen a pledge with an exclusive potion recipe?
    I have rechecked all of them and seen nothing.
    There's nothing also in the Pledge's FAQ:
    https://www.legendsofaria.com/pledge-faq/
  • edited July 4
    It is listed on all pledges at and above Founder's World ( $75+) on
    https://www.legendsofaria.com/pledge/

I checked the Rewards FAQ you linked and it did elaborate on that better - that those items would only be cosmetic/vanity. It says
    "... The Founders World is a magical bar/club floating in the depths of space. The NPCs here will sell custom vanity items (potions,recipes,etc.) that can not be obtained anywhere else...."

Thanks.

Still curious though if cash shops were mentioned before.
    Not at the moment. And I hope there won't be any.
    Maybe Citadel can last with pledges + cluster hosting + expansions or add-ons?
    An official word would be appreciated.
  • Treize said:

It is listed on all pledges at and above Founder's World ( $75+) on
    https://www.legendsofaria.com/pledge/

I checked the Rewards FAQ you linked and it did elaborate on that better - that those items would only be cosmetic/vanity. It says
    "... The Founders World is a magical bar/club floating in the depths of space. The NPCs here will sell custom vanity items (potions,recipes,etc.) that can not be obtained anywhere else...."

Thanks.

Still curious though if cash shops were mentioned before.

I think I saw a video where those founders world potions had weird effects, like shrinking the player or something. I could be wrong.
  • FuddyFuddy California
    @Keldar yeah the founders shard has all kinds of goodies, space cocktails with word effects (shrinking) unique clothing, etc.
  • I hope there will be a cash shop. That is the way to keep this game making more future expansion packs.
  • Lord_G said:

I hope there will be a cash shop. That is the way to keep this game making more future expansion packs.

Yeah. P2W sucks. I can understand a pay model where you pay for new worlds, dungeons or areas. In DDO you can unlock stuff with points by playing enough and I think that is fair.

I have not seen any P2W stuff around this game.
  • Where did I say PAY TO WIN? No where. Some people take anything said to the extremes.
    Keldar said:

Lord_G said:

I hope there will be a cash shop. That is the way to keep this game making more future expansion packs.

Yeah. P2W sucks. I can understand a pay model where you pay for new worlds, dungeons or areas. In DDO you can unlock stuff with points by playing enough and I think that is fair.

• Lord_G said:

Where did I say PAY TO WIN? No where. Some people take anything said to the extremes.

Keldar said:

Lord_G said:

I should have quoted Treize. My mistake.
  • I do not wish for one.

Games can be great without micro-transactions, achievements and skins.
  • Keldar said:

Lord_G said:

Where did I say PAY TO WIN? No where. Some people take anything said to the extremes.

Keldar said:

Lord_G said:

I should have quoted Treize. My mistake.
    Ok. Thank you. I was confused where you were reading into my posting. :)
  • FirebatFirebat Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I would pay 15/month
  • Starfire3DStarfire3D Auckland, New Zealand
    I already paid US$200....I wouldnt
  • Since they are giving away the $200 pledge to all new steam accounts when it goes live, it would be nice for the devs to give those who game so much monthly freebies of things from their cash shop to make up for it.
  • Starfire3DStarfire3D Auckland, New Zealand
    edited July 19
    Well, the $200 Pledge was mainly so people planning to run a server could get a head start. I feel we got our moneys worth, how long has it been 2 years? so far. Those of us that have been tinkering with the code since Day 1 have a huge advantage getting a custom server up. Thats worth $200...
    Well it really was more about supporting the game than to get a head start. OK, we've had the code (even if it changed recently), but no tools.