Alpha 2 has ended!

Miphon_CSMiphon_CS Citadel Team Administrator
Greetings!

This morning the Legends of Aria Alpha 2 test came to an end. We'd like to thank everyone who participated in the test and for contributing to the development of Legends of Aria.

Towards the end of the week we will be making a new blog post to give a summary of the testing period, our thoughts, feedback and an insight into our plans heading into our 3rd and final Alpha stage. We also encourage players to post here on the forums and share their experiences and feedback from this past Alpha.

The team is already engaged in feature and content additions ahead of our final test and racing towards becoming feature complete. As progress is made over the coming weeks we will continue to share updates with you on our progress.

We will also be conducting our monthly Roundtable on July 1st at 1pm EST where we will be discussing our most recent post, the final testing phase and answering your quesions.

Thanks again for your support! Look out for our update and we'll see you at the Roundtable!

Comments

• I did several tests in the game and I only have to thank, for being exactly what I was looking for! It's a shame to have finished Alpha 2, but I'm looking forward to the 3 with new content to be tested.
  • lostpup0311lostpup0311 hartertjames@yahoo.com
    awesome just awesome great game and a great community that puts up with me hehe
  • DAAAJJEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  • Any word on A3 release? Just bought the Alpha pack *doh*!
  • Nooooo I did the same thing after learning some of the Ultima Online guys were working on this.
  • Two questions:

This means we cant play until the release of Alpha 3?
    What i will do in life until that?
  • jeromejerome France
    Great game !
    Feel free to give us the next alpha starting date :)
  • Nuke RatNuke Rat Washington State
    From what i have seen and read it looks like sometime in August for Alpha 3 although I could be wrong. I really enjoy playing this game especially since I played UO for 8 years and have been looking for something similar forever. Just curious though on a few things. For crafting are you going to put in mules like we had in UO since the weight limit is 300 if you have 100 strength which for gathering resources pretty much sucks lol. It's ok if not I will play regardless. Also are we gonna be able to buy horses from the stablemaster so we don't have to go out and train them when we lose them. Also not a big deal just curious. Thanks to the developers of this game it's amazing to see something like this game again and not something that resembles WOW and every other version of that type. Can't wait to play again, I'm with renatodex on this - What do I do until the Alpha 3 release LOL!!
  • Great game! Great community! Cant wait till Alpha3 and Steam release!
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    Nuke Rat said:

For crafting are you going to put in mules like we had in UO... Also are we gonna be able to buy horses from the stablemaster

I think both are planned, I would be surprised if they didn't put them in.

• KdwsrKdwsr Texas
    I had a chance to play a couple of days what I saw I really liked. My only concern is crafting made items being made obsolete. GM's who ran quests would hand out weapons and armor that were 3x better then any crafted, my idea is if awesome types armor and weapons are permitted we should be able to make them too. BTW if one is pk'ed will lose their keys to their houses too or can they be locked down in the bag.
  • Starfire3DStarfire3D Auckland, New Zealand
    Will Alpha 3 have fonts you can read?
  • HypHyp Grandmaster Rouser
    edited June 21
    @Kdwsr - There's a keychain slot within your character panel, hit "c" to access it. Keys placed there are considered "blessed", and will not drop after death.

If you leave the key in your main pack, then I do believe it drops upon death.

@renatodex - While you wait for Alpha 3, you have the option of playing on community servers. For more info on this, I suggest joining the Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/0fseYtrf94cCCXnt

@ira / @roachfood - Alpha 3 will begin "August", no specific date has been shared to my knowledge. This was recently updated on the Pledge page.
  • Hi @Hyp
    Thanks for the information, i had no idea there was community servers online.

But why Legends of Aria is allowing other people to open servers? What if those people starts earn money with Legends of Aria using your own server, wont it be a problem?

][`s
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    renatodex said:

But why Legends of Aria is allowing other people to open servers?

Because this game is about that:
    Shards Online is an indie project that began in June 2013 with the goal of making a dynamic sandbox MMORPG where players can run their own servers (private or public) and is fully moddable from the ground up.
    renatodex said:

What if those people starts earn money with Legends of Aria using your own server, wont it be a problem?

Why would it be a problem?

• LogainLogain Munich, Bavaria, Germany
    Miphon_CS said:

(...)Towards the end of the week we will be making a new blog post to give a summary of the testing period, our thoughts, feedback and an insight into our plans heading into our 3rd and final Alpha stage(...)

Has this been posted yet and I can't find it (if so, could you link me), or has it been delayed?
    I'm incredibly curious on the guesstimated timeline for a Steam launch! ;)
  • @Logain was just released: https://www.legendsofaria.com/development-blog-3-end-of-alpha-2/

well for the steam launch it will be something like this:
    - now ca.1 month down time.
    => somewhere in august alpha 3
    - Duration of alpha 3 probably 1 month
    - Then at least 1 month, probably much longer (cant remember what was said in last stream) dark period
    - 1 week heastart for people who already pledged
    => steam beta launch

so earliest would be October...+/- some time
  • Starfire3DStarfire3D Auckland, New Zealand
    If they plan to compete with other in the Christmas rush..they have a hard road...
  • LogainLogain Munich, Bavaria, Germany
    Kell said:

so earliest would be October...+/- some time

Thanks a bunch @Kell !
    Longer than I hoped, but shorter than I expected ;) I agree with @Starfire3D though that this is going to leave them with a rough competition.
  • nExnEx Chicago, IL USA
    As a longtime UO player, this looks absolutely amazing and I can't wait to play!
  • UOをだらだら続けているがやっと移行できそうなゲームに期待。しかしすぐゲームできるかと思ったら次のテストまで待つんですね。日本語のサイトがほぼ0なので情報不足で。
  • DAAAJJEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ahahahahahahahah cavolo noi italiani siam dappertutto!
    ENG : ahahahahahahahah geek we italians are everywhere!
  • seigo said:

UOをだらだら続けているがやっと移行できそうなゲームに期待。しかしすぐゲームできるかと思ったら次のテストまで待つんですね。日本語のサイトがほぼ0なので情報不足で。

俺も日本人ですよ。
    確かに日本語の情報不足ですね。ただ、UOに近いので言う通り期待ですね。完全リリースされたら遊ぶ日本人も増えるだろうので日本語サイトも立ち上がることでしょう。