Sanctuary wipe?

Is a wipe happening for Sanctuary as well before steam?

Comments

• Starfire3DStarfire3D Auckland, New Zealand
    I would imagine that if one official server is wiped, they all would be.
  • FuddyFuddy California
    @Starfire3D
    I think that's a fair assumption, but TBH conjecture from players adds literally no insight to this topic
  • As I conjecture.... sanctuary went live, what, a couple weeks ago? Aria and Sanctuary have completely different timelines.

Clarification from someone in the know???
  • FuddyFuddy California
    I should follow up that conjecture is fun, and no fault of our own for engaging in it, but there was a butt load of confusion from the Aria wipe, so I just wanted to do what I can to save any similar frustration for sanctuary players
  • yeah, you right. in the words of Iron Maiden.... "We want information
    Information
    Information
    Who are you?"

I'm er, not #2. I might not like you if you're too young to know what I'm talking about
  • Yes itll be wiped
  • aria will be wiped because the skill set will change drastically.

sanctuary skills resemble UO T2A and thus are set in stone (save for additions).

following this logic, sanctuary won't get wiped. however, above-mentioned reasons are the official ones given by CS, so if there's reasons they didn't tell us about, it's all in the air.

it's everyone's guess, never say never.
  • @Supreem thoughts please? If a wipe is coming no one really cares tbh. But grinding to have the advantage and having guildies start could be detrimental. I'd rather not tell people to playband have them quit after a wipe. Better to say start after
  • i second that - that's a reason i didn't ask my friends to join yet, don't want them to get frustrated and quit.
  • Andi said:

i second that - that's a reason i didn't ask my friends to join yet, don't want them to get frustrated and quit.

i've asked..... but they're mostly showing caution
  • caution to the point where 'we will move communication to the forums' lost all meaning.
  • ROFL
  • ZagZag
    edited February 19
    Guys, come on.. give the developers a break! The game is still in development, and a lot of people here keep demanding things as if they had a final product in their hands. Right now you are a play-tester, that means that you should not expect to keep anything you've accumulated in the game. If it happens that you are allowed to keep a few things after all, good for you, but until then just let people work to get the game out in the first place.
  • no idea what you're even talking about. we're asking for info here. where do you see demands?
  • Zag said:

Guys, come on.. give the developers a break! The game is still in development, and a lot of people here keep demanding things as if they had a final product in their hands. Right now you are a play-tester, that means that you should not expect to keep anything you've accumulated in the game. If it happens that you are allowed to keep a few things after all, good for you, but until then just let people work to get the game out in the first place.

First off, not complaining..it's a pretty simple question. They've announce a wipe on Aria. I'm asking if it's Samctuary as well. There's a difference between me play testing and grinding. I'll still play test..but I also can not delete characters at the moment on Sanctuary. So I'm more asking so if it in fact is final I can re-do as fit. It's not like I'm asking their wives bust size or something very personal. I found this to be a pretty clear and appropriate question. Thanks for your concerns though.
  • ZagZag
    edited February 20
    Yes, it is exactly this kind of nagging dressed as "demanding clarifications" which I find unproductive. If you look hard enough into this type of thread it is almost always about the prospect of having some kind of advantage at launch. What I am saying is that this should not even be a concern in the first place, and the developers don't have to clarify it either because it is simply not a priority, a non-issue, it is no more, it has ceased to be, bereft of life it rests in peace, this is an ex-problem.

• we're asking because we have friends who we'd like to invite to play with us. however, we won't do that as long as it's not clear whether they'll keep their chars or not. this is a valid concern in my opinion, because not everyone who pledged here is interested in testing, let's be real.
    i joined over a year ago and tested and bug reported, but other people just want to play the game and for that type of players, an impending wipe is an automatic turnoff.

i don't even know why i explain this to you, i thought it'd be clear from context. in the thread.
  • I'm with @Andi and @Dread Lord on this. I don't see people being assholes in this thread. Rather seeking clarification. Personally, I haven't been on for a year (just more than a month really) like Andi, but I actively seek out exploits and bugs and report them accordingly. I also look to have fun in the game and play it like I would normally play the game. I also wish the rest of my guild would come play but they're VERY hesitant to go all-in and then get wiped. This is understandable. I can play at a medium level and be happy with whatever level of wipes occur. Some of my guildies are hard-core gamers who can't play at any level except 100%. It's hard for some people to accept the concept of "doing something for nothing." Personally I don't see it that way, but some people do.

Anyways, if you look at the information flow from the devs, we get quite a bit of info concerning Aria. Sanctuary not so much. Of course that's the dev's prerogative. Many of us would just like an update on Sanctuary. I see zero bitching here. I see zero complaining here. I see some motivated people who are looking for a little clarification on the future. I also see people who want their friends to play and want to give some information to them concerning the game that a lot of us are really falling in love with.

There... that's my, i dunno, 18c. Maybe a full silver, yeah, a full silver. My thoughts are worth that. :)

Happy days people
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    Those that pledged and do not will to test are very welcome, but if a friend invites me to a game and it's alpha, I should know what that means.
  • @Sacha True! To add to the confusion... Sanctuary says "Beta" when you log in. So is Sanctuary in Beta??? Or is it referencing UO Beta? Or is it the second shard (like 1=a, 2=b, b=beta)? Or was built by Beta? Do the beta waves care? Is sanctuary the Beta making shard (aka profit). Is Sanctuary the beta server (aka the secondary server to Aria's Alpha/top dog status)?

Ok, I'm done. I had to start using google to find more definitions of beta. LOL. I know, I suck. deal with it.

My original Beta statement is for real though. Also, this is the first game I've ever played in anything but production mode. There are ALWAYS people who are ignorant about what Alpha, Beta, etc means.
  • at this point, the 40 dollar version is the consumer edition and the servers are for players, not testers. were that not the case, we'd not get the new nda-bound 75 dollar test client for the test server.

as such, players who are on aria/sanctuary are not testers anymore, they're normal customers and can't be expected to 'suck it up' because it's an alpha. bugs, yes. missing features, okay. but a wipe exceeds the pain tolerance of normal early access players.

i can see why they do it. they're a small company with no cash to waste on pr. they hope to sell more via steam to finance ongoing development and they're not interested in having their test builds open for the world to see. they also want quality feedback that's worth more than that of shortsighted, egocentric consumers, hence the new server/client.

however, this means that for the regular servers, wipes need to be avoided if at all possible, to not get 'overwhelmingly negative' reviews on steam, as unfair as those might be, because it'd hurt their sales and endanger the project, maybe even the company. now, this will only be a problem once they're on steam, but the same reasoning is at work when players consider recommending the game to friends: is it safe now? or wait till it's on steam?

it has nothing to do with sucking it up as a tester. we're talking real world problems right now and i, for one, want them to succeed.
  • Sacha said:

Those that pledged and do not will to test are very welcome, but if a friend invites me to a game and it's alpha, I should know what that means.

What's that have to do with communication on wether or not it's being wiped. Testing and grinding are WAYYYY different beasts. I have no issue running around testing things and testing crafting/combat etc etc..however I'm curious if it's worth 100's if house grinding skills. Again...for it to be wiped it's not worth 100's of hours harvesting and crafting. A sufficient bug test on harvesting is 1-10 harvests not 10,000. So it's not asking a lot to inquire if I should continue adventuring or grinding. It's not that complex of a question. As much as you'd like it to be..
  • SachaSacha [Reino de Aldor]
    It's not complex indeed. And if devs have not answered maybe they don't know for sure. And as we are in alpha and Aria will be wiped, it seems logical to think that probably all will be lost, or at least we should act as if it will be.
  • This would be nice to get a definitive answer on. I'm working on first char now and debating on even bothering to gather resources to start crafter, or wait till after wipe.
  • Dont bother. It will wipe. Just go fight. Adevnture. Explore. Have fun.
  • server is dead these days. no clear answer on this issue drove the players away.
  • Of course it did. I went from playing daily to just not excited. After the wipe it will fill back up. But it was a ball buster earlier this month. We did the testing, thats fine. They just gotta tidy it up and release and itll be full again. Its coming.
  • http://help4assignment.co.uk @Supreem thoughts please? If a wipe is coming no one really cares tbh. But grinding to have the advantage and having guildies start could be detrimental. I'd rather not tell people to playband have them quit after a wipe. Better to say start after

Good to know about it.