Citadel or Community? Both?

ZephZeph LoA RP Community: loa-rp.com
I'm curious as to which direction the roleplaying community is gravitating? Do you plan to primarily play on the official Citadel servers, or are you mostly here for community servers? Do you plan to stretch your time between both?

As for me, it'll be Citadel servers for the most part, but I absolutely plan to visit the community projects too.

Comments

• I'm not much of a roleplayer but I do intend to say Aye and do some pretty minor roleplaying while playing the main server.
  • JaworJawor Central Europe
    edited August 2016
    I've revived an old world creating collaboration with my friend, we are preparing our own community server based on his original D&D world (tons of lore already exist). We really want to walk it and some other friends are eager to participate as well.

If I'll have enought time, I'll probably play main CS server casually.
  • ZephZeph LoA RP Community: loa-rp.com
    One of the great things about Shards is that'll allow niche RP communities to be served in a way they haven't basically since NWN. I keep repeating this, but it's really in a way a democratization of the MMO concept. I think the broader RP community will be scattered because of that, but those smaller communities will likely wind up being much stronger as well.
  • I agree, Zeph
  • YorlikYorlik www.arcanima.org
    edited September 2016
    Community servers are THE unique selling point of SO.
  • DynamicWorldsDynamicWorlds Pittsburgh, PA
    Zeph said:

One of the great things about Shards is that'll allow niche RP communities to be served in a way they haven't basically since NWN. I keep repeating this, but it's really in a way a democratization of the MMO concept. I think the broader RP community will be scattered because of that, but those smaller communities will likely wind up being much stronger as well.

This ^ is exactly why I'm here in the first place.
    TBH, I don't have much interest in RPing in a standard MMO, but recreating the kinds of tight-nit RP communities that were created with the NWN PWs is too good a chance to ignore.