Citadel Studios Commercial Terms
Citadel Studios, Inc. (“Citadel Studios”), via the website www.legendsofaria.com, is raising funds for the “Legends of Aria” (the Game). You, the Contributor, may select one or more of the Founder’s Packs and pay the indicated amount(s) in accordance with the following agreement between Citadel Studios and you, the Contributor.
1. Upon selection of a Founder’s Pack, your payment will be collected through an independent third party payment provider. By using such provider, you agree to the terms and conditions applicable to each payment method you choose. Citadel Studios does not receive any confidential payment data from such providers, and Citadel Studios is not responsible for their performance. Any separate charges or obligations that you incur in your dealings with the third party payment providers are your responsibility. Citadel Studios reserves the right to change such payment providers at any time.
2. Your payment is a deposit to be used for the development and production cost of the Game, including the website cost, the production and delivery cost for the Founder’s Pack items, and Citadel Studios’s corporate expenses associated with the foregoing (the Game Cost).
3. The deposit shall be earned by Citadel Studios and become non-refundable to the extent that it is used for the Game Cost, with each Contributor’s deposit being applied as follows: first to the fulfillment of the Founder’s Pack items, and then to the Game Cost in a percentage equal to the total applied Game Cost in relation to the total Contributor deposits remaining after the cost for the Founder’s Pack items.
4. Citadel Studios agrees to use its good faith business efforts to deliver to you the Founder’s Pack items and the Game on or before the estimated delivery date. However, you acknowledge and agree that delivery as of such date is not a promise by Citadel Studios since unforeseen events may extend the development and/or production time. Accordingly, you agree that any unearned portion of the deposit shall not be refundable.
5. For the avoidance of doubt, in consideration of Citadel Studios’s good faith efforts to develop, produce, and deliver the Game with the funds raised, you agree that any deposit amounts applied against the Game Cost as described above shall be non-refundable regardless of whether or not Citadel Studios is able to complete and deliver the Game. In consideration of the promises by Citadel Studios hereunder, you agree to irrevocably waive any claim for refund of any deposit amount that has been used for the Game Cost in accordance with the above.
6. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY DISPUTE WITH CITADEL STUDIOS OR ITS LICENSORS IS TO CLAIM A REFUND IF AND WHEN DUE PURSUANT TO THE TERMS HEREOF. IN NO CASE SHALL CITADEL STUDIOS OR ITS LICENSORS, AFFILIATES’, EMPLOYEES’, OFFICERS’, OR DIRECTORS’ (COLLECTIVELY, “CITADEL STUDIOS AFFILIATES“) LIABILITY TO YOU EXCEED THE AMOUNT THAT YOU PAID CITADEL STUDIOS. IN NO CASE SHALL CITADEL STUDIOS OR CITADEL STUDIOS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF CITADEL STUDIOS’S SERVICES AND OR YOUR FOUNDERS PACK HEREUNDER. TO THE EXTENT THAT SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IN SUCH STATES OR JURISDICTIONS, CITADEL STUDIOS’S AND CITADEL STUDIOS AFFILIATES’ LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Citadel Studios reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify or revise these Terms at any time, and you agree to be bound by such modifications or revisions. Users are responsible for periodically viewing the Terms.
This Website collects some Personal Data from its Users.
Types of Data collected
Among the types of Personal Data that this Website collects, by itself or through third parties, there are:
Cookie, Usage Data, First Name, Last Name, Email and Username.
The Personal Data may be freely provided by the User, or collected automatically when using this Website.
Failure to provide certain Personal Data may make it impossible for this Website to provide its services.
The User assumes responsibility for the Personal Data of third parties published or shared through this Website and declares to have the right to communicate or broadcast them, thus relieving the Data Controller of all responsibility.
Mode and place of processing the Data
Method of processing
The Data Controller processes the Data of Users in proper manner and shall take appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification or unauthorized destruction of the Data.
Access to the Data may be available to Data Processors such as employees involved with the processing or to external parties providing services to the Data Controller, third party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communication agencies. The updated list of these parties may be requested from the Data Controller at any time.
The Data is processed at the Data Controller headquarters, unless stated otherwise in the rest of this document.
The Data is kept for the time necessary to provide the service requested by the User, or stated by the purposes outlined in this document, and the User can always request the Data Controller for their suspension or removal.
The use of the collected Data
The Data concerning the User is collected to allow the Website to provide its services, as well as for the following purposes:
Analytics, Contacting the User and Content commenting.
The Personal Data used for each purpose is outlined in the specific sections of this document.
Detailed information on the processing of Personal Data
Personal Data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
The services contained in this section enable the Owner to monitor and analyze web traffic and can be used to keep track of User behavior.
Google Analytics (Google)
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilizes the Data collected to track and examine the use of this Website, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
Google may use the Data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Personal Data collected:
Cookie and Usage Data.
Place of processing: USA
Contacting the User
Contact form (This Website)
By filling in the contact form with their Data, the Users authorizes this Website to use these details to reply to requests for information, quotes or any other kind of request as indicated by the form’s header.
Personal Data collected:
Email, First Name and Last Name.
Mailing List or Newsletter (This Website)
By registering to the mailing list or to the newsletter, the User’s email address will be added to the contact list of those who may receive email messages containing information of commercial or promotional nature concerning this Website. Your email address might also be added to this list as a result of signing up to this Website or after performing a purchase.
Personal Data collected:
Email, First Name and Last Name.
Content commenting services allow Users to make and publish their comments on the contents of this Website.
Depending on the settings chosen by the Owner, Users may also leave anonymous comments. If there is an email address among the Personal Data provided by the User, it may be used to send notifications of comments on the same content. Users are responsible for the content of their own comments.
If a content commenting service provided by third parties is installed, it may still collect web traffic data for the pages where the comment service is installed, even when users do not use the content commenting service.
Comment system managed directly (This Website)
This Website has its own internal content comment system.
Personal Data collected:
Email, First Name, Last Name and Username.
Additional information about Data collection and processing
The User’s Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by the Data Controller, in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this Website or the related services.
Additional Information about User’s Personal Data
System Logs and Maintenance
For operation and maintenance purposes, this Website and any third party services may collect files that record interaction with this Website (System Logs) or use for this purpose other Personal Data (such as IP Address).
Information not contained in this policy
More details concerning the collection or processing of Personal Data may be requested from the Data Controller at any time at its contact information.
The rights of Users
Users have the right, at any time, to know whether their Personal Data has been stored and can consult the Data Controller to learn about their contents and origin, to verify their accuracy or to ask for them to be supplemented, cancelled, updated or corrected, or for their transformation into anonymous format or to block any data held in violation of the law, as well as to oppose their treatment for any and all legitimate reasons. Requests should be sent to the Data Controller at the contact information set out above.
Definitions and legal references
Personal Data (or Data)
Any information regarding a natural person, a legal person, an institution or an association, which is, or can be, identified, even indirectly, by reference to any other information, including a personal identification number.
Information collected automatically from this Website (or third party services employed in this Website ), which can include: the IP addresses or domain names of the computers utilized by the Users who use this Website, the URI addresses (Uniform Resource Identifier), the time of the request, the method utilized to submit the request to the server, the size of the file received in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the server’s answer (successful outcome, error, etc.), the country of origin, the features of the browser and the operating system utilized by the User, the various time details per visit (e.g., the time spent on each page within the Website) and the details about the path followed within the Website with special reference to the sequence of pages visited, and other parameters about the device operating system and/or the User’s IT environment.
The individual using this Website, which must coincide with or be authorized by the Data Subject, to whom the Personal Data refer.
The legal or natural person to whom the Personal Data refers to.
Data Controller (or Website Owner, or Owner)
The natural person, legal person, public administration or any other body, association or organization with the right, also jointly with another Data Controller, to make decisions regarding the purposes, and the methods of processing of Personal Data and the means used, including the security measures concerning the operation and use of this Website. The Data Controller, unless otherwise specified, is the Owner of this Website.
The hardware or software tool by which the User Personal Data is collected.
Small piece of data stored in the User’s device.
Data Controller and Owner
10900 University Blvd
Bull Run Hall 147
Manassas, Virginia 20109
Notice to European Users: this privacy statement has been prepared in fulfillment of the obligations under Art. 10 of EC Directive n. 95/46/EC, and under the provisions of Directive 2002/58/EC, as revised by Directive 2009/136/EC, on the subject of Cookies.
Latest update: October 01, 2013